Jayhawk in Texas

I grew up in Kansas. But one job hunt and hiring later, we are now transplants in Texas. We have not missed the strange weather we were used to and everybody here seems genuinely nice. This is my attempt to keep in touch with my friends from all over.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Friday

I hope everyone is having a Happy Friday. I thought mine was going to be a good one. I have the son home with either a nasty cold or maybe bronchitis. I am taking him to the doctor at 11:30 today to check on his lungs. Work has been crazy and trying to get a grip on the new work I have been assigned is an undertaking. I like the challenge but some days....a little serenity would be nice.

Duber (my son) started soccer this week. He was so excited after practice on Tuesday and Thursday. He has not played in a year (since we moved in the fall) so he is really glad to be playing again.

My quote for the day: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

That is one of my favorites.

1 Comments:

Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Great quote. I'm thrilled that you're going to be blogging every day, by the way. It really can be addictive.

Duber?? That's a new one. Where did that name come from?! Good luck at the doctor's. This yuck going around is a pain.

February 22, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home