Jayhawk in Texas

I grew up in Kansas. But one job hunt and hiring later, we are now transplants in Texas. We have not missed the strange weather we were used to and everybody here seems genuinely nice. This is my attempt to keep in touch with my friends from all over.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well it happened

We lost a basketball game. I don't really mind if the Jayhawks lose a game as long as they are the ones losing it. But I really must say that the refs at the game played a large hand in having us lose. We could have played competitive - as long as the refs let us. The foul calls were awful. I, a big Jayhawk fan, turned off the TV with :25 seconds left because I could not stand to see the refs sell their souls to give the Jayhawks a loss. That is the plain and simple truth.

The commentators were just drooling over the fact that we were losing...the refs were so excited I swear we could see their 'stiffies' from the TV and the KSU fans - well, they were just fans and loving it. You can't really blame the fans. They cheered their team on and congragts to a'w' for them. But the refs just plain sucked. Russell Robinson never fouls out of a game - he is a senior and works hard as a guard. He fouled out. That is enough to make me believe the refs sold their basketball soul. And the sad thing is...Hightower was not even there...I wonder if he has a son that is reffing now. If we were on the East coast, the commentators would be talking about how we were robbed...not the ones we have. The refs could not have gotten by with the crappy calls if the game was nationally televised - that much is true. We should see a cleaner game in Lawrence b/c ESPN picked that game up.

Anyway, after the sad loss, I hope our Jayhawks learned something good and will come back and that will be the only loss of the season. I still think we will take them at our house and, yes, Michael Beasley, even in Africa when the calls are all even.

Good night all and I am sure I will blog tomorow when the bitterness has been cleaned out of my mouth. My son has decided to become a ref 'against' KSU. hee - what a good fan.

~Marti

2 Comments:

Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

I'm sorry they lost, too. But I'm even sorrier for fans like you, because I know how bad it sucks.

The mood in town is not pretty today.

January 31, 2008 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

It was a hard break but I think the team will learn something from this. With every disappointment, you learn something new.

How is the whole lice thing going? I do not envy you. Will all the boys have to go through the treatment? Talk to you soon...Miss you!

January 31, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home